Vodka pasta sauce

This Vodka Sauce is from Cooking Light Magazine. They later said that FF Half
and Half is not available everywhere and you can substitute ff condensed
milk.

I liked it - Husband thought it was too sweet. I used H's coffee cream which
is FF but sweet so maybe you should cut out sugar if you use that. Original
recipe called for      1/2  cup  chopped prosciutto or lean ham -- 3 ounces
which I omitted.

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                            Vodka Sauce

Recipe By     : Cooking Light
Categories    : Sauces, Gravies, & Marinades

   1      teaspoon      olive oil
   1      cup           chopped onion
   4      cloves        garlic -- minced
     1/2  cup           dry red wine **OR**
   2      tablespoons   balsamic vinegar
     1/3  cup           vodka
   1      tablespoon    sugar
   2      tablespoons   tomato paste
     1/4  teaspoon      black pepper
   2      cans          diced tomatoes, undrained -- (14.5 ounce)
     1/2  cup           fat-free half-and-half
   2      tablespoons   chopped fresh parsley

1.  Heat oil in a saucepan or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion,
prosciutto, and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Stir in wine and next 5 ingredients
(wine through tomatoes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook,
uncovered, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in half-and-half and
parsley. Yield 5 cups (serving size;  1 cup)

GWYNNE'S NOTES:  I liked it - Husband thought it was too sweet. I used H's
coffee cream which is FF but sweet so maybe you should cut out sugar if you
use that. Original recipe called for      1/2  cup           chopped
prosciutto or lean ham -- 3 ounces which I omitted.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : This sauce is traditionally served over thick, tubular pasta such as
penne or rigatoni. Fat-free half-and-half is a new product that performs like
the regular kind.

<< hi everyone.
 I'm love vodka pasta sauce...i could eat it all the time.
 I'm wondering if anyone has a vegan version of it??
 low fat would be wonderful..but if you only have non low fat recipes
 for this sauce please email me privatly.
 thanks
 Jenna >>