My Solution - Fat replacer

Hi All !

I have read with interest the ideas of using pureed chestnuts, and/or beans
as a fat replacer in baking.
My solution, and I use it all the time in muffins and breads is to
substitute mashed winter squash. ( acorn or butternut or hubbard, even the
frozen mashed winter squash the local publix grocery sells. )
This adds 1.) denseness  2.) moister 3.) less calories per cup than beans or
chestnuts, and adds fiber too.
Also, a great soup base and will pick up the flavors of the spices you use.

Enjoy !!

P.S.
This list has the nicest, warmest, sweetest bunch of folks contributing - I
loooove this list !

People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life." --Faith
Resnick

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going!"
~ stay tuned and stay in touch ~~