Re: Pressing tofu

I wrap it in a flour sack dishtowel. (Some years ago I took a couple of
large ones, cut them into quarters and hemmed them to use to wipe up
spills--cuts down on the amount of paper towels used.  I use one of these
smaller pieces to wrap the tofu.)  I then lay a cutting board over the
wrapped tofu and set a couple of heavy cans (canned tomatoes or the like)
or a pan filled with water on top of the cutting board.  If I'm pressing a
large piece of tofu, I slice it in half lengthwise first.

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)