Rec: Passover Broccoli Knishes

I got a kick out of Jayne's posting about a Passover recipe site that had some of my recipes on it. As I read her notation that I was a longtime member of this list, I realized it's been 5 years since I first subscribed, often just lurking, always enjoying. I had no inkling of the recipe site - I always wonder where our recipes end up once we post them and often stumble upon some of them myself. I see one of my favorite recipes was also on this site, so I thought I'd post it again in case someone would like to try it this year. The site Jayne referenced is http://www.sunvalleyfinefoods.com/Jewish1.htm

PASSOVER BROCCOLI KNISHES
(From the Wisconsin Jewish Chronicle)
Servings: 6
·       1 cup mashed potatoes
·       1/3 cup matzo meal
·       2 TB potato starch
·       1/2 small onion, finely chopped
·       2 egg whites *note
·       1/2 teaspoon black pepper
·       1/4 teaspoon salt
·       1 cup steamed broccoli, finely chopped

*note - Or use 1/4 cup Passover egg substitute

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In bowl, combine all ingredients except broccoli. Stir well, then knead until thoroughly combined and the texture of dough. Divide into 6 portions. Flatten each portion into a 4" round, pressing down with waxed paper to flatten. Put 1/6 of the broccoli mixture into each circle, fold over and press edges to seal.

Spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray or use a teflon sheet. Arrange knishes on a single layer and place on bottom rack of oven. Bake 15 minutes on each side. Serve hot.
Submitted by Gail Ashkanazi-Hankin
(nf note: I bake the whole batch and freeze them, then reheat in the toaster oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes - or 15 minutes if I defrost them first.)

Natalie in Milwaukee