Syrup recipe

I got a craving in the middle of the night for french toast, and found there
was no syrup. I made up this recipe to pour over the toast. Don't expect this
syrup to be of Mrs. Butterworth's thickness.

6 heaped Tbs sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
Brandy, enough to dissolve the sugar
1/4 cup water

Mix all ingredients and cook over high heat until it begins to boil, at which
point turn down the heat to low, and let simmer, stirring ocassinally, for 8
minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.