RECIPE: Jalapeno Red Bean Burgers

Made these burgers for dinner tonight.  It makes 4 patties. Between 2
of us, we left no leftovers.  Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.

Jalapeno Red Bean Burgers

1 yellow onion, chopped
1 roma tomato, chopped
1 jalapeno chili, seeded and chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp chili powder

1 16 oz can kidney beans, drained
4-6 Tbs barbecue sauce
1/3 to 2/3 cup bread crumbs (I like Panko brand, found in the Japanese
section at the grocery)

Stir fry onion, tomato, chili, garlic, and chili powder in a small
amount of water, until well softened and beginning to carmelize.

In a bowl, mash beans.  Add onion mixture and barbecue sauce, to
taste.  Add bread crumbs, enough so that mixture can be formed into
patties that hold together.

Grill or dry fry in nonstick pan.

--
Michelle Dick