Soy products

I came across some information recently that scared me a little, and I
thought I'd pass it along. About 50% of the soybeans and 30% of the corn
planted in this country last year was genetically engineered. This means
that if you buy soy or corn products that are not organic, they very
well might have genetically engineered components. Consumer Reports
recently did some testing and found that most corn products had
genetically engineered corn in them (although it depended on the batch).

This seems to me to be a particularly compelling issue for vegetarians,
because so many of our convenience foods have soy in them.

Jane