Stove top grills

Happy and healthy new year to all.

I hear so much about the Foreman grill.  It is advertised as being great for
meat because it gets rid of the fat.  My question is why is it so good for
any vegan dishes?  Does the food really taste grilled and how so if it is
just on the stove.  I was looking at one and it lookes so poorly made but
like I said people seem to really like it.  Seems like lots of you have it
and I'd love to know how it makes vegies taste different than roasting in
the oven

thanks,

Karen