Cold Grain Dish for Rhonda

Rhonda asked for recipes for cold grain dishes.  I love this one, especially
in the summer.  The recipe originally called for 4 T of canola oil, but I
increased the amount of orange juice and it is just fine without the oil.  It
makes a wonderful one-dish meal because Quinoa is a complete protein!

    *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                               Quinoa Salad

Recipe By     : Fresh Fields
Categories    : Salads                           Vegetarian

   1 1/2  cups          quinoa -- uncooked
   2 1/2  cups          water
     8      Tablespoons   orange juice
   2      Tablespoons   fresh lime juice
   1      Tablespoon    balsamic vinegar
     1/4  teaspoon      sea salt -- optional
     1/2  cup           corn kernels
     1/2  cup           scallion -- sliced
     1/2  cup           red peppers -- diced
   2      Tablespoons   diced red onion -- finely chopped

Bring water to a boil.  Add quinoa and return to a boil, add salt, cover,
reduce heat and simmer 18 minutes.  Turn off heat, let sit 15 minutes
(covered).  Fluff with a fork in to a bowl to cool.  While cooling, fluff
occasionally.
Mix oil, juices, vinegar and salt together.  When quinoa is cooled, add
dressing to grain.  Fold in vegetables, chill and serve

Ruth in the steamy Chicago 'burbs