To: "Pat Meadows" <pat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Potato Cakes
From: "alley" <alley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 09:14:02 -0700

I am not writing to you! I am simply responding to the
unwanted mail coming from you that is entering my mailbox! I
am not being rude, try putting yourself in my place. i did
not subscribe...I have tried to unsubscribe and still get
all these e-mails.....every time one of these e- mails is
sent to my box I will respond. This is unfair to me.
END QUOTE

 So I suspect I'm not the only one being harassed by this
person.

  I checked the website of this person's ISP and found the
following (at http://www.pdq.net/services/termcon.asp)

BEGIN QUOTE
Appropriate Use of E-mail:

  <snip of irrelevant part>

Harassment:
Sending threatening or harassing e-mail after being
requested to stop, is prohibited. Extremely threatening or
harassing e-mail is prohibited always.
END QUOTE

  I requested that this person not e-mail me again.  I
consider his message to me to be harassing e-mail.  If he
mails me again, I will report it to his ISP.

  I suggest that - if you are receiving unwanted e-mail from
this person - you request that he stop sending you e-mail
and state that you consider it to be harassment.

   If it continues, please send a complaint (including a
copy of the offending posts, with full headers) to his ISP.

  The address to send the complaints would probably be:

  abuse@xxxxxxx   with a copy to postmaster@xxxxxxx

 I can't find an address for complaints on the website, so
it might be well to also send a copy to:  support@xxxxxxx

 This list has been so great and so full of nice folks, I
just hate to see it abused in this manner!

Cheers,
Pat Meadows