Egg Substitutes

Hi there,

I've been using Orgran egg substitute successfully for recipes that call for whole eggs, but not those that call for egg whites only. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get the mixture to stiffen into peaks and therefore all of my cooking in that regard fails.

Does anyone have some advice on how to do this best? Would another brand be better? I am in Australia, so it would be best if it is something I could locally. And one last question, if the recipe calls for separated egg yolks and whites...how do you work out how to do that correctly with egg substitutes?

Thanks,

Karen