sugar substitute

To take the place of sugar in baking, you might try Splenda. That's the brand name. It's available only from the company, which you can find at the www.splenda.com on the internet. It's not yet sold in stores. It's used in some products, like Diet Rite Cola and Log Cabin Lite syrup. It's made from sugar but has no calories. It tastes more like sugar than any of the other subs, according to my taste buds. Supposedly you can use it in baking just like sugar, but I think you have to cut the baking time to keep it from drying out, according to a friend who tried it.
Grayghost