lecithin & vegetarian cheeses

Does anyone know what lecithin can be used to
substitute?  Is it a fat substitute?  I thought I
could use it in place of oil in my recipes.  Does
anyone have (and has tried) a recipe with lecithin in
it?
Also, does anyone know where I can find a list of
vegetarian cheeses (rennet/rennin free)?
Thanks!

=====
Non-violence leads to the highest ethics
which is the goal of all evolution.  Until
we stop harming all other living beings,
we are still savages.

- ---Thomas A. Edison, 1847-1931