Meringue cookies

Hi!  Not sure if I'm spelling this right, but I have a neat recipe for very
low-cal, no-fat meringue cookies:

Ingredients:
-- 4 egg whites
-- 1-2 tsp. cream of tarter, enough to make whites firm
-- 3/4 c. white sugar (I actually used 1/4 c. sugar and then sweetened the
rest with artificial         sweetener to save on calories)
-- 1 tsp. vanilla

Optional:
-- 1-2 tsp. vanilla coffee syrup
or
-- 1-2 tsp. lemon juice
or
-- 4 tsp. cocoa
or
-- 1-2 tsp. peppermint flavoring
or
flavoring of your choice

Beat the egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form.  Still beating,
add cream of tartar.    Then slowly add sugar, portions at a time.  Beat
until stiff peaks form.  Fold in vanilla or other flavorings.

Spoon heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet, 1 1/2 in. apart.  Bake
at 250 degrees F for 45-50 minutes.  Let cool for 45-50 minutes before
removing from sheet.

These make tasty little treats when your sweet tooth is beckoning.  I do
have some trouble removing them from the baking sheet, but that may be
partially due to my impatience since I remove them after cooling for about
15 minutes.  Fun to experiment with flavors to make all sorts of kinds.

Chelsea*