freezing applesauce

My mom used to make her own applesauce, and freeze it in plastic containers. When she thawed it - it was sometime a bit more watery than we liked, and then she'd leave it in a colander/pot set-up (in the refrigerator) to drain a bit. (The water which drains out can be used to make hot cereal - nice flavor!)

After I make a batch - I like to freeze it in 1/2 cup amounts - a cupcake tin is excellent - and then I have those handy for using in baking.

Hope this helps.