Restaurants in Tempe, AZ

For June,
In Tempte AZ at 1410 E. Southern Ave. (831-1600) is "Sweet Tomatoes". There
are 5 Sweet Tomatoes in the Metropolitan Phoenix Area and 2 in Tucson. They
are the most veg friendly place you will find and very good. There is a 50
foot long salad bar with the freshest vegetables in town. (For example:
Caesar salad is made fresh every 20 minutes). There are also 4 or 5 fresh
homemade soups (at least one vegetarian). 4 different fresh baked muffins
(at least one low fat). Focaccia, bread, baked potatoes (I like to use the
Black Bean Vegetarian Chili as a topping on the potato). Three different
kinds of pasta - one vegetarian. Fruit and fatfree choc. frozen yogurt or
low-fat vanilla ice cream. We eat at Sweet Tomatoes whenever we get near
one. Everything is so fresh and tastes so good. Hope you get a chance to try
it.
There are at least 6 or 7 other vegetarian restaurants in Tempe (it's a
university town) but I haven't eaten at any of them so I'd rather not
mention them.  You could try:
 www.veg.org/veg/Guide    and see what you find there.
Hope you find some good ones and let us know what they are.
Patty in AZ