Portabella Burgers

A favorite of ours for a quick Sunday night dinner is one medium portabella
per person.  We use a Sunbeam grill to grill the mushrooms.

We put liquid smoke and water into the well in the grill to add flavor.

While they're cooking (just a few minutes) we sautee onions and bell peppers
using water or veggie stock.

When the "burgers" are ready we serve them on hamburger buns, top them with
the onions and peppers, then top them with an old "secret famiy recipe" for
barbeque sauce.  All we do is take some ketchup, add liquid smoke, and
perhaps a few shakes of Lousianna hot sauce.  Mix it all up, and place on
top of the sandwich.

Low-fat munchies like baked tortilla chips round out the dinner.

Yum...

Ciao...Bev

www.kurtin.com