quick stuff

Danyel,
What saves me at dinner time very often is canned beans and frozen
vegetables.
-Try pasta tossed with stewed tomatoes, broccoli florettes, and kidney
or cannelli  beans.
-Try tacos filled with ff refried beans, kidney or black beans, frozen
corn and some fixin's.
-Try the following recipe:

Italian Black Beans and Rice  (I double this for the family)

Start rice cooking - either white or "instant" brown - to yield 2 cups
when cooked.
In a large pan, saute 1/4 cup onion -chopped, 1 clove garlic - minced
and 1/2 tsp italian seasoning.
(adding the italian seasoning in the saute enlivens its flavor)
Saute only a 2-3 minutes (so that the onions will still have some crunch
in the end).
Add one 15 or 19 ounce can black beans, undrained (this creates a
"gravy").
Stir and heat until warmed through.
Serve over rice.
Serve with a veggie like corn or string beans.

Keep in mind that for most recipies you should drain and rinse canned
beans to wash off any salt added during processing.  But for this family
favorite, I make the exception.   I buy a brand containing only beans,
water, and salt - no preservatives, etc.)
-Jeannette