Baba Ghanoush

Tory,  The correct spelling is in my subject and I agree, it's delicious.
Simply roasted fresh egg plant with tahini.   Here's my favorite recipe.  1
large or 2 medium eggplants, about 1 1/4 #.  3 garlic cloves, 1/4 cup
tahini, juice of one large lemon, salt, extra virgin olive oil and chopped
parsley.

Roast the egg plant (method follows), but let the skin harden and char in
places to give the puree a smoky flavor.   Peel the eggplant, then puree it
in a blender or food processor with the garlic and tahini.  Season with
lemon juice and salt to taste.  After I've mounded it in a bowl for dipping
or spreading I drizzle a small amount of flavorful extra virgin olive oil.

To Roast:  Preheat oven  to 425 degrees.  Slash the eggplant in several
places so it won't explode.  Put it in a pan and bake until it soft to the
point of collapsing, 30 - 40 minutes.  Let cool for 15 minutes or so.
Discard any bitter juices that may collect.  Peel off skin, then proceed as
above.   It's really delicious goes wonderfully with a salad of sliced
tomatoes and cucumbers, topped with chopped cilantro.

Marilyn