That Pesky Eggplant Question

Ah, yes, eggplant is coming into a season and I'll be buying it....This
question was raised last summer (and probably the summer before that and
the summer before that.....)

how does one identify the bitter eggplant from the one that is non-bitter?

I know it has something to do with the dimple (or whatchamacallit) at the
end opposite the stem end, but I forget which.  I thought I had the info
saved from the last time this came up, but I can't find.  TIA.

--
Gloriamarie Amalfitano, knitting and spinning all over San Diego County
mailto:gloriamarie@xxxxxxxxxxx ;