[no subject]

So now, here's a favourite muffin recipe in our house.  I've substituted
several different items into this recipe, depending on what's on the
pantry shelves or in the fridge and they always turn out just fine.

B-)

Aunt Evelyn's Bran Muffins

1/2 c. applesauce (or shortening)
1/2 c. brown sugar (or less, depending on sweetness of applesauce)
1/4 c. molasses
3 egg whites (or alternate)
3/4 tsp. salt
1 c. milk (or alternate)
1 c. flour (whole wheat or unbleached white)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c. bran (or bran flakes or all bran)
1 c. raisins (optional)

Cream applesauce and sugar.  Beat in molasses and eggs.  Add milk and
bran.  Add remaining ingredients and raisins, if desired.  Place in
greased muffin tins.  Bake at 400 for 18 to 20 minutes.

Makes 1 dozen large muffins.

Visit the Wagner Mitchell Family on the WWW

    http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/mitchb