garlic powder vs. fresh garlic

Ratan, I have a sister in-law who is unfortunately deathly allergic to fresh
garlic. But, she is able to eat garlic powder. When possible I make 2
separate identical dishes, one with fresh garlic and one with garlic powder.
They both taste wonderful. I believe it's fine to replace garlic powder with
fresh garlic in most recipes. I cook with mostly fresh ingredients. I think
that all recipes where created with freshness in mind. Good luck, Sheila