Another take on cranberry relish

This recipe, from "Pacific Northwest The Beautiful Cookbook" by Kathy Casey, was printed in the
Oregonian newspaper for Christmas 1997. It's WONDERFUL -- even my cranberry-averse teenagers loved
it on both salmon and turkey (especially on leftover turkey sandwiches).

CRANBERRY RELISH
Makes 5 cups

1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup raspberry or other fruit vinegar
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 cup minced red onion (I use shallots)
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 cup minced yellow or green bell pepper
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
6 whole cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds, crushed
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional -- I use them)
1 12-ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries

Bring the juice, vinegar, sugar, honey, onion and minced garlic to simmer in a medium,
non-aluminum pot. Add the peppers, ginger, whole garlic, coriander seeds, and red pepper flakes,
and simmer five more minutes. Add the cranberries, bring to a slow boil, and cook gently for 10
minutes, or until the berries begin to pop. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. Let cool. The
relish will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for 3 weeks (assuming you don't eat it a lot sooner!)