RE: Cooking with TVP

> At 06:40 AM 2/7/01 -0500, Pat Meadows wrote:
> >But when I've tried things like this (substituting TVP and
> >not mentioning it), the reaction I have invariably got (from
> >husband - two of them by now, not at once but sequentially -
> >and children) is:  "What *is* this sh*t? It's terrible."

I think you have to start small...a little at a time. I make a veggie chili
that has tvp and Heartline "meats" in it that is REALLY good and so spicey
you can't tell. Of course if ANYONE said that about my cooking, and I don't
care if it WAS S on a shingle, they would be SO history and it would be a
cold day at the River of Styx before I'd cook anything for them again. But
that's just me.