1 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup applesauce
2 egg whites or 1/2 cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces chocolate chips
powdered sugar for dusting

Heat oven to 350F degrees,  Spray an 8" or 9" square baking pan with
vegetable cooking spray,  In a small mixer bowl, stir together sugar, flour
and cocoa.  Add applesauce, egg whites and vanilla; beat on medium speed of
electric mixer until well blended.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Spread batter
into prepared pan.

Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until edges are firm.  Do not overbake.  Sift
powdered sugar over tops of brownies.  Enjoy!  Pam