deutsche food

German food is wonderful but far from fatfree or meat free! While I was
visiting my cousins in Northern Germany, a normal breakfast was roll, butter,
meat, cheese, jam or nutella...with coffee. We never ate lunch, was always
too busy. Maybe a sausage while in town. Our dinner was not typical German.
The hot meal is typically served mid day...my cousin eats his hot meal in the
evening. We would have a meat (usually pork), fried....with a dipping sauce
or butter, potatoe or noodle salad with tons of mayonnaise(sweet salads), and
a vegetable. We had potatoes quite often and the vegie was drowned in a
gravy.
It was delicious. I tried everything and didn't complain about being
fattening or meat. Had a great time
Ann