Blackened Gardenburgers

I had a "blackened" gardenburger at a restaurant recently and decided to try it at home. It worked very well. Here's the recipe:

Blackened Gardenburgers

Spice mix:
1Tbsp paprika
1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 to 1 tsp ground red cayenne pepper
3/4 tsp. white pepper
3/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp oregano

6 Gardenburgers or Bocaburgers
1 eggwhite
lettuce, sliced tomatoes, onions etc.
buns

Mix the spices. Coat the frozen Gardenburgers or Bocaburgers with eggwhite and then cover with lots of spice mix. Brown in a frying pay just long enough to get a crust on the outside (a few minutes on each side) and then bake for about 10 minutes in the oven until done. Serve on a bun with fresh vegetables.

Notes: You could use something other than eggwhite if you are vegan. I didn't use any oil in the frying pan so I burned one of the patties because I didn't watch it well. Using frozen patties made it easy to coat them while they were stiff, not soft.