house guests!

Hi, I hope you all can help me with something.  We will be hosting two women
from Belarus.  They will be with us for three weeks while they study
not-for-profit organizations here in the Chicago area.
I need to have dinner for them every night, and am looking for ideas.  I
don't want to be a slave to the kitchen while they are here, plus their daily
schedules will be erratic in terms of when they will be home for dinner - so
the dishes need to be flexible in terms of timing.  I was thinking casserole
type dishes, and main dish salads.  If your ideas do not conform to the
list's rules, please e-mail me privately.
Thanks in advance,
Ruth in the comfortably warm Chicago 'burbs