Fw: FATFREE Digest V01 #73

> One more question about the brown rice: if we use 1-1/2 cups of water to =
> 1
> cup of rice, how much cooked rice do we end up with?  How about 2 c.
> uncooked rice?  I have to cook for a crown tomorrow night, and am not
> accustomed to the proportions.  Thanks!
>
> Ruth
According to Moosewood Restaurant Cooks for a Crowd:

for 24 - 4 ounce servings
2 quarts -- or 3 pounds, 4 ounces brown rice
3 quarts warder

into a 2 gallon pot, bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 40 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow rice to sit, undisturbed for 10 minutes.

Hope that helps,
Jan