soy

I've been doing some reading on soy products and have not liked what I have
read. According to the many reports, all non-fermented soy products are bad.
This disturbs me, I have just started trying some of the "meat" substitutes
and really liked them. I am not one to believe everything I read, so can you
share your opinions and/or offer some research material to support soy??
Thanks.