Re: Squash Pancakes

I bet sage or thyme would work well with the savory squash pancakes - and if
you do dairy, ff sour cream sounds good to me for a sauce.

In a message dated 11/21/01 4:47:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, cmk225@xxxxxxx
writes:

Squash Pancakes- Savory

1 cup flour
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
season to taste (ground ginger, soupy spices, we're not sure yet)
some bell pepper, diced (or other veggi of choice)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 onion diced
something spicey (ex. minced chilé) (optional)
2 cups fresh squash pureé (bake squash and throw in blender)
1 egg (I used eggbeaters)

1) sauté onion, garlic, pepper
2) sift together dry ingredients
3) beat together wet ingredients
4) add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, forming a smooth batter
5) mix in onion, garlic, and pepper
6) cook like normal pancakes
7) serve with an as-of-yet-undiscovered perfect sauce