RE: pasta sauce recipe ideas?

Faith,
Don't forget that pureed carrots also make an amazing sauce.  Think of
things they use on seafood and they're usually delicious.

Don't forget "green" sauces.  Pureed spinach with herbs, and quick, <shhhh>
tofu cream sauces.

Nightshade allergies are bad, so check with your friend on other things in
that family.  I think bell peppers are also of that ilk, as are some other
root thing I can't bring to mind. Pimentos?

I hope this helps!
Christine