Re: Johnny Cake: Was: muffin receipes

At 3:17 AM -0800 1/20/02, fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am also interested in easy fat-free muffin recipes.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your support!
This not a muffin receipe but is rather a delicious corn bread type of receipe.

Regards,
Don

JOHNNY CAKE (revised to be very low fat)

1/4 Cup Egg Beaters or equiv. of 1 egg any other egg replacer
1/2 Cup Sugar
4 Tablespoons Applesauce
1 t soda + 1 C sour milk* (or buttermilk)
1 teaspoon salt
11/2 Cup Flour
11/2 Cup Corn Meal

Mix all dry ingredients together, then add wet ingredients
and stir until throughly mixed.

Bake 15-20 minutes in 325-350 oven

Fills 2 Large Layer Cake pans

*you can make 1 cup of sour milk by adding 1 cup
of skimmed milk or soy milk to 3 Tablespoons vinegar.

Eating Hint:

Cut Johnny Cake into pie shaped pieces (6 per pan).  Then cut
a piece in half so that top is one-half and the bottom is the
other half.  Place on a plate and cover with (Maple) syrup.
Eat and enjoy! Mmmmm!

Note from Don Stowe: This receipe was adapted from one that my 97 yr old
mother had
in her receipe file and I think she got it from her mother.

God Bless America!!!
Donald E. Stowe (Don)
Retired HS. Chemistry Teacher
Visit my web sites at---> <http://www.geocities.com/destowe/>and