Stir-fried rice

Hi,

Jennette asked for a stir-fried rice recipe that tastes like the real thing.
Well, I can tell the difference with this one, but it is NTL very, very
good.  It is slightly changed from a recipe in one of my cookbooks--I think
called the Single Gormet, which is a pretty healthy cookbook to begin with.

STIR FRIED RICE

1        tsp. broth			1    	small clove garlic, minced
¼	c. egg substitute or egg white		½	c. cooked brown or
basmati rice
4          medium mushrooms, sliced		Dash ground white pepper
½	c. shredded carrot			1     	tsp. tamari
1          T. minced red bell pepper		¼	c. frozen peas
1          T. chopped celery
½	green onion (both green and white
           parts)

     In medium skillet over medium heat, heat ½ tsp. broth.  Add egg
substitute and scramble until almost set (less than 1 minute).  Spoon eggs
into a bowl, cover, and set aside.    In the same pan, heat remaining broth
over medium-high heat.  Add mushrooms, carrot, bell pepper, celery, and
green onion;  stir-fry until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.  Add
garlic;  stir-fry 30 seconds longer.  Add rice and stir-fry about 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium;  stir in tamari and white pepper.  Stir in peas and
reserved eggs;  cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.  Taste;
adjust seasonings.

And thanks to everyone who shared ideas for using up leftover Ricotta cheese!

Gretchen