i'm getting cravings

I am need of some ideas.  I have been having a lot of cravings lately.  I have been trying to move towards being vegan, have removed any obvious egg and dairy from my diet (except for a little dariy once in a while).

I think my diet is unbalanced, because I am getting cravings during different times of the day.  I'm too tired to give a lot of details right now.  But I'll give a few.

I have been a eating a lot of breads, pretzels, processed grains, etc. I don't know if I'm eating enough protein.  I think I am, but I'm not sure.  I'm fairly sure that I do not eat enough vegies.

I was told by a friend who studies nutrition that I should not have fruit with my protein, having the fruit after is better.

I try to eat in a balanced manner, but with these cravings I feel all out of whack.  One minute I want sweets (another craving of the last few months), the next grains, the next protein.

I've gained over 10 lbs, feel lethargic and I need to break the cycle soon.

Please help.

Steve
Steve Cole
A single 39yo, INFP, ADD, Jewish, Vegetarian (moving towards Vegan)
Somewhere east of S.F. (San Ramon, CA)

* What's the difference between a duck?                        *