aluminum

Ruth asked about food reacting with pans and stuff.  We already had this
discussion, with much varied opinions, and mine was based on concern for the
food, not the pan.  My concern is that molecules and even larger pieces of
pan ends up in the food!!!  Even more so at high temperatures which may
compromise the pan's surface.  High acid foods do react with some pan
surfaces (such as cast iron--guess it helps leach iron from the pan, if I
remember correctly).  As for the aluminum foil and the pizza--the high acid
of the tomato sauce reacted with the aluminum foil and voila!--you had
instant aluminum pizza.

Many manufacturers of cookware will insist that their product is made of
non-reactive material...personally I will stick with stainless steal.

Gretchen