rice cookers

My apologies for posting to entire list, but I seem to have deleted Lauren's
email address...

I have the same Black and Decker steamer/rice cooker you're talking about, I
think.  What kind of rice do you cook in it?  I only eat brown rice, and
when I first got the steamer, the rice took at least twice as long to cook
as cooking it on the stove in a pot.  Did you find this to be true too?  Any
suggestions?

Hillary