Portobello recipe

I tried this last night and it turned out pretty well. Quantities are
recollections of what I thought I used, but you may have to adjust.

Portobello "Risotto"--6 servings

2 cups Orzo, uncooked
at least 6 cups stock (I used Chicken-flavored powdered vegetable broth from
Fresh Fields)
pinch saffron (optional)
2 Portobello mushrooms
1-2 cups other mushrooms such as crimini, white (you can use only
Portobellos but this gets expensive)
1 onion, chopped
2 T garlic, minced
salt, pepper to taste
fatfree Parmesan (optional)

Boil stock and saffron in large sauce pan. When boiling, add dry Orzo and
let cook until done, about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, saute garlic and onion in a large, sprayed pan. When onions are
translucent, add all mushrooms and cook until soft. Season with salt and
pepper to taste.

Drain Orzo, but not thoroughly--reserve some (1/4 cup) of the liquid.
Combine Orzo with sauteed vegetables. Spread in a 9" x 13" baking pan,
sprayed with cooking spray if desired. Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan and
fresh black pepper. Bake uncovered at 325 F for 20 minutes.

Note:  this recipe doesn't use much seasoning. If you use a flavorful enough
stock, the Orzo absorbs excellently and the dish will have a nice, rich flavor.