bacon

>>Back in '75 while I was staying with some vegetarian friends in Burbank, we
>>fried up a lot of phoney bacon for sandwiches, and I loved it. Dunno what
>>it was called, but it was crispy and yummy. I really missed it when I came
>>back home.Any solutions? Also, would anyone be familiar with the 7th Day
Adventist
>>store up in the Finch/Bathurst area? If so, please e-mail me or discuss
>>through the group, whichever you prefer.

I am a Seventh Day Adventist and from our stores and some health food stores
I use whats called "Stripples".  Its crispy and tastes wonderful.  Doesnt
get soggy.
You should call your local Adventist Church and they will tell you where to get
it from.  Also check your health food stores for Stripples.  Hope this helps!