Re: wheat crust request

Hi, Julie...

Here's one we like... it's for a bread machine but can be done by hand.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                               Pizza Dough

Recipe By     : Breadman's Healthy Bread Book by George Burnett
Categories    : Breads - Machine                 Breads - Variety
                Main Dishes                      Very Low Fat

   1      cup           water
   2      tsp           honey
   1 1/2  cups          bread flour
   1 1/2  cups          whole wheat flour
   1      tsp           salt
   2      tsp           yeast

Process all ingredients on dough cycle and remove.  Divide the dough in
half and form 2 balls.  Let rest for 10 minutes.

Preheat oven to 450.  Spray two 12" pizza pans with non-stick spray or
sprinkle with cornmeal.

Stretch dough to fit pans and press it evenly into them.  Pinch the dough
around the edges to form a rim.  Spread sauce on dough and add toppings.
Bake 12-14 minutes until crust is lightly browned.

To make one 14" crust:  2/3 c water, 1 tsp honey, 1 c bread flour, 1 c
whole wheat flour, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp yeast.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We cover the dough with nonfat shredded cheese and then add toppings.

One of our favorites is from a Lora Brody recipe:  mix a 16 oz can of
Mexican beans in sauce with 1/8 - 1/4 cup of bbq sauce, spread on the
dough and sprinkle with nonfat cheddar.  She also adds 2 tsp Tabasco to
her (non-wheat) dough.  I've tried adding 1 tsp and it was very good.

Or mix kidney beans with a bit of bbq, spread on the dough, sprinkle with
a handfuls of corn kernels, garbanzo beans, and cheese.

I think you get the idea... whatever's handy.  :)

Marianne