Flaxseed Oil

Help - - I need someone with experience.
	Since I am diabetic, I meet with my dietetician on a regular basis.
She has suggested that I take 1 tbs. of flaxseed oil 4 to 5 times a week
because I follow a vlf diet.  The reasoning behind this was that the
body needs some fat for the fat soluble vitamins.  Has anyone heard of
this, and can I safely ignore this?
	I really enjoy this list; it helps to keep me on the right path.
Also love most of the recipes!