Stuffed Peppers

    I missed the digest this morning when I woke up today:(
I have a recipe which I think is low fat enough for the list.
4 large peppers
1/2 lb. lite tofu
1 medium onion, chopped
2 t. chili powder
1/2 t. ground cumin
1 can (16oz.)kidney beans, drained
1 can (15 oz) tomato puree
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained
(I buy a can of tomatoe puree and green chilies mixed already)

Heat oven to 350 dgrees.
Prepare peppers, cut in half - place in ungreased baking dish
sautee tofu and onion
stir in remaining ingredients
boil- reduce heat- cover
simmer 10 min.
stir frequently
stuff peppers
bake 40-45 minutes, or
microwave cover with plastic vented cover for 10-12 minutes

     The first time I had this recipe was at a couples retreat my husband and
I went on.  I told them I was a low-fat lacto vegetarian.  I expected salads
all weekend.  I was pleasantly suprised with the meals they served me at the
retreat.

                                                                Deb