Garbage broth?

Long ago (probably 10+ yrs), I checked out a book from the library (I
think it was a vegetarian cookbook but it may have been a gardening book
with recipes) that contained recipes for 'garbage broth' and 'garlic
broth'.  Garbage broth is a veggie stock made with the peelings of
potatoes, carrots, et cetera.  After straining, it is the base for the
garlic broth which was the base for several soups.  I've searched the net
and one local library branch to no avail.  Does this sound familiar to
anyone?

Marianne