Miso and Tamari

          On this list and in other places, I have seen references to
          these two ingredients (miso and tamari) but have never used
          them.  I got tired of being out of the loop so I ordered a
          catalog I believe someone here mentioned from Gold Mine
          natural food company.  But now I realize how confused I
          actually am!  There are so many different kinds!  So, I am
          looking for suggestions as to the most commonly used type,
          or the best types to experiement with, but especially types
          to avoid, if any.   Thanks!