Finger Foods for Grad

Hi all,

First I'll mention that the carrot muffin recipe is the best ff muffin yet.
I've already made two batches.  Thanks for sharing.

And now for the graduate - finger food ideas

Mushroom Cheese Roll Ups
1 lg loaf of whole wheat sliced sandwich bread
2 packages of ff cream cheese (softened to room temp)
3 lg cloves garlic (finley chopped)
2 cans mushrooms (chopped finely)

Trim crusts of the slices of bread.  Flatten slices of bread with rolling
pin.

Cream the cheese and add garlic and mushrooms.  You can also add some
finely chopped onion if you like.  Spread about 1 heaping tablespoon on each
slice and roll up.  Secure with toothpick.

Heat oven to 350 and toast roll ups until golden brown and heated through.

You can also make these ahead of time by freezing them on cookie sheets
(if you cover the cookie sheet with was paper it will prevent them from
sticking to pan)and then storing them frozen in an air tight
container.  Thaw for about 1/2 hour before warming.  You can also cut them in
half.

Happy graduation on May 4.

Shirl
Nelson, BC