Leftover Mashed Potatoes

>Does anyone have any ideas on serving leftover mashed potatoes other than just
reheating them?

What about making potato cakes out of them? My mother used to make a full fat version of these
for breakfast with leftover mashed potatoes.
(This is just a guess on the measurements - I'm not much of a recipe follower<g>)

2-3 cups of mashed potatoes
1 egg or egg replacer equivalent
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, chopped (or 2 green onions, chopped)
1/4 t baking powder
water, as needed

mix all ingredients well
add water, if necessary, to get it to the consistency of cooked oatmeal
spoon into heated non-stick pan, about 1/3 cup for each cake
you may want to add salt, but not if the mashed potatoes were salted when prepared

"fry" on medium low heat until browned, flip and do the same to the other side. Cakes will
be thick - you may want to flatten them a bit with the back of a spatula after you flip them

Serve with ff sour cream or with fresh salsa.  My brother also liked them with maple syrup.

My mother also used to make a type of potato salad with them, too.  Just add whatever you would to
a potato salad (mustard, ff mayo, relish, onions, dill, etc.), mix, chill, and eat.

Karen López
http://www.infoadvisors.com
Home of the IRM Bookstore, where up to 15% of what you spend goes to IT-related non-profit and charitable organizations