my Thanksgiving "turkey"

My wonderful mother-in-law surprised me with the most wonderful, fatfree
"turkey" for Thanksgiving. She stuffed a whole partly-cooked eggplant with
tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and herbs. On the two sides of the eggplant she
skewered drumstick-shaped, small yellow summer squashes, and baked the whole
thing in a little casserole dish. Not only delicious, but the effect was
charming!

Karen Neale
kf3b@xxxxxxxxxxxx