Mexican Food

Karen,
Although I am by no means on expert on Mexican food, I have been to my
fair share of Mexican restaurant and think I can answer your question.

A burrito is a beans, beef, or chicken with cheese wrapped in a
tortilla.  It usually also has lettuce, salsa, tomatoes and sour cream
on top.

A quesadilla is melted cheese wrapped in a tortilla with sauce on top.

A fajita usually comes to your table on a metal tray with hot (as in
temperature, not spicy) vegetables that have been sauteed.  Usually the
vegetables include onions, squash, and green peppers.  I have also seen
cauliflower and broccoli.  They are sauteed with some special fajita
spicy sauce stuff.  You also get a stack of tortillas and a plate with
lettuce, salsa, sour cream and guacamole.  You put it together yourself.

I think I know what chimichanga are, but I may have to be corrected by
someone on this list.  I think they are little tortillas with beans or
cheese wrapped inside tightly.  Then are then deep-fried.  These are
very unfatfree.

Tacos are tortilla shells that have been folded into a U-shape and fried
until very crispy like chips.  They are filled with beans, meats,
cheese, lettuce, salsa, or whatever.  They are basically a cruncy
burrito.

You can make many of these items fatfree by cutting out the cheese, sour
cream, and guacamole.

Julia