Ideas for Food

Brenda,
	I can truly relate to your dilemma; I've been vegetarian (mostly vegan)
for almost a year, and still go through times when I just don't know what
to eat.  Probably the best advice I've gotten from this list is to make
LOTS of whatever you cook, then freeze leftovers in 1-meal servings.  That
goes for components of meals, too: rice, beans, etc.  It's much easier to
warm them up than to cook them from scratch each time.  I also use canned
beans most of the time.  I'm perhaps the laziest person in the world, and
would probably just live on cereal and fatfree soy milk if there weren't
plenty of canned and frozen stuff to use!

	Also, don't feel as though you have to make several dishes for each meal.
A big bowl of something delicious and nutritious will be just as
satisfying--and much easier.  Good luck!

Jane

>...And am having extreme trouble deciding what to make on a
>daily basis.  I end up eating about the same 3 things all the time and I'm
>becoming extremely bored with this.
>....I know about the archives of recipes, but they seem
>pretty overwhelming to me and most seem very labor intensive. I really
>don't like spending half the day in the kitchen figuring out one meal.  any
>help would be appreciated.  I just need some guidance as to where to go
>from here.
>Thanks
>Brenda in NM

     Jane Smith
     mjsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA