applesauce

Applesauce is easy.  I made wonderful applesauce as a bride from my neighbor's
windfalls; I have no idea what kind of apples they were.  Just cut off the
bits with excessive bruise or worm.  I cooked the apples unpeeled, then put
them through a food mill because we liked the fine texture; I added a little
sugar, to our taste.  You could also just put the apples into a big casserole
with a lid.  The only thing you can do wrong is let it scorch.